There are several reasons why you would like to Turn On Laptop Without Power Button. Sometimes if you put a drop of water on your laptop keyboard and its circuit shorts the power button. And you were unable to turn on your laptop without the Power button. Here is a simple solution for how to turn on the laptop without a power button.
Why do you need To Turn On Laptop Without Power Button?
Sometimes the power button on your laptop can be tricky to use, especially if you’re trying to turn it on while in a rush or, even worse, stuck in an elevator. If that’s not the case when you need it, this article will show you how to turn on your computer without a power button.
There is a reason why people like to turn ON their laptops by pressing the power button. Thanks to this, the laptop can be used while charging. However, there are times when this function becomes useless and useless. Here is a solution for turning ON the laptop without a power button by using the Dual Onda power button.
How To Turn On Laptop Without Power Button?
There are possible different ways to turn on your laptop without having a power button. In the below list we are going to Talk about each and every step, by following them you can easily turn on your laptop. Keep reading each and every step so you can follow and get the solution to your problem.
- Turn on laptop With Extension
- Turn on laptop With Lid
- From the Motherboard
- Using Keyboard
- Clock battery Method
Read Quick Tip: How to clean laptop Fans Without opening
1. Turn on laptop With Extension
This is one of the easiest ways to turn your laptop on without a power button. If your laptop is not turning on and you are facing a problem then don’t worry. Here we will get a full solution to this problem. And you can able to turn your laptop on with Extension. If you have HP, Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, Acer, or Lenovo laptops then this method works well. Lets Start
- One of the First methods is that you should Find the cable that connects the power button to the Motherboard.
- Now you can Disconnect and leave the cable unplugged
- And you should also Remove the battery
- Plug the laptop into the socket it will power ON
- Place the battery into the laptop then if you want to disconnect the power socket it should be fine.
- And Now your laptop will Turn On.
New Post don’t Forget to Read: How to Improve Battery life of a laptop
2. Turn on laptop With Lid
You can turn on your laptop if the power button is not working. With LID. This is another easiest way to turn your laptop on. Buy the following setting in BIOS you can change it and turn on your laptop. Let’s see the steps.
- Go the the BIOS (using F2 key )
- Now you can go to the Power Management
- Under the advance tab go to power management
- In power management look for the option “power on while open lid”
- Adjust the setting to turn ON/off laptop with open lid.
- That’s it. You have done. You can turn your laptop on.
3. Turn on laptop From the Motherboard
This method will be definitely working on every laptop; even if the power button is wholly broken, you can still turn on your laptop with this method. By following these steps you can turn on your laptop.
- Unplug the charging cable from your laptop
- Now you can locate the power button location
- Remove the button.
- There will be 3 to 6 pins under the button (Which is giving the power to the motherboard).
- Connect pins with wire or with anything so the circuit will connect and its pass the power to the motherboard.
- The laptop will turn on when you connect the pins with the conductor.
- And that’s it, you are done.
don’t forget to visit this post: How to take a Screenshot on an ASUS laptop
4. Turn on laptop Using Keyboard
You can access the BIOS settings interface. You can access the BIOS setting interface by pressing a specific key when your computer is first started. Every manufacturer will have a different special key. However, the most common ones are “DEL”, F2 or F10.
If your laptop is starting to boot, you’ll also see a message. Enter the key to go into the BIOS settings. Or you can see the Manuel of a system for help if you don’t know how to get into the BIOS.
Find the settings you need. This setting is likely to be located under the advanced tab in BIOS, and will be called “Power Management.” Click on the power management menu to see the option “Power On By Keyboard” or another.
Save the changes and assign the key to yourself. You can then turn your laptop on later. Save and exit.
Last, make sure that it is properly configured. Turn off your computer and then press the BIOS key to turn on your laptop. Just like you have pressed the power key, it should power on your computer.
5. Clock battery Method
If the power button on your laptop isn’t working or you need to do urgent work, you can use the clock battery to power it up.
To get your laptop up and running, follow these steps.
- Disconnect the battery cable (not the charging cable) from your motherboard
- Remove the clock battery connector from the motherboard
This will ensure that your laptop has no power remaining and will be powered up from any source. Next, reconnect the battery. The battery won’t remember the order. Once the charger is connected, the laptop will turn on.
6. Troubleshoot Laptop Power Problems?
If you’re having trouble turning on your laptop, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem.
First, make sure the power cord is plugged in securely. If the laptop is plugged into an outlet, make sure the outlet is working. If you’re using a battery-powered laptop, check to see if the battery is fully charged.
If the power cord is plugged in correctly and the battery is charged, try restarting your laptop by pressing the power button and then pressing again within 30 seconds. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging and plugging in your laptop’s power cord again.
If those steps don’t work, you may have a problem with your motherboard or battery. Contact your laptop manufacturer for more advice.
In This article, we share with you the full working possible methods, by following them you can turn your laptop on without a power button. And we Hope Now you get the solution to your This Problem. And your laptop will turn on by following methods. If your laptop doesn’t turn on with the above methods then you should Go to the repair center. Thanks!
I Am Robert Karsyn (Graduate in computer science). I found LaptopsRai to Share my Experience Online World Wide. I have a Greater 8 Year Working Experience in the Computer Field and Love to troubleshooting Computer issues. In This blog, I Share My Experience and Provides You Best laptop Buying Guide۔