Are you searching for how to disable the touchpad on a hp laptop? don’t worry. in this article, we share with you step by step guide on how you can disable the touchpad of an hp laptop. We want to share with you disable hp touchpad disable tutorial via different disable ways like disable hp touchpad service.
How To Disable Touchpad On Hp Laptop?
There are moments when you might want to disable the touchpad on your HP laptop. Maybe you find that the touchpad keeps getting in the way as you type or maybe you just don’t need it because you’re using an external mouse. Whatever the reason, disabling the touchpad is a pretty easy process.
Basically, There are Different Methods that you can Use to Disable Touchpad on an HP laptop. Below are the possible methods that you can follow to Disable the Touchpad.
- Disable With Device Manager:
- Disable With Control panel :
- Disable With Fn key:
- Disable with Software:
1. Disable With Device Manager:
If you went to disable the Touchpad of an HP laptop then it’s one of the Easiest Methods that you can use.
1) click on the start menu and select the control panel.
2) now click device manager.
3) expand “mice and other pointing devices.”
4) now disable “hp laptop touchpad” by right-clicking on the touchpad.
5) click disable in order to disable the hp laptop touchpad.
Related Article: Why my laptop fan keep running all the Time
2. Disable With Control Panel:
If you have an HP laptop and want to disable the touchpad, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll share with you a step-by-step guide on how to disable the touchpad on your HP laptop running Windows 11.
- To do so, press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- type control panel and press Enter.
- When the Control Panel opens, click on Mouse.
- Now, in the Mouse Properties window, switch to the Pointers tab and uncheck the Enable pointer shadows checkbox.
- Click on OK to save your changes.
- Next, click on the Device Settings tab and uncheck the Enable taps on touchpad checkbox.
- Click on OK to save your changes.
- That’s it – the touchpad on your HP laptop should now be disabled.
3. Disable With Fn key:
The easiest way to disable the touchpad on your HP laptop is to use the Fn key. Simply press and hold the Fn key and then tap the F9 key to disable the touchpad. You’ll know that the touchpad is disabled when you see a small dot in the top-left corner of the touchpad.
Don’t forget to Visit: How to Charge laptop without charger
4. Disable With Software:
If you don’t want to disable the touchpad using the Fn key, you can disable it with software. Open the Control Panel and click on the Mouse icon. In the Device Settings tab, scroll down and uncheck the box next to “Enable touchpad.” Click Apply and then OK. The touchpad will now be disabled.
How to Re-enable Touchpad:
If at some point you want to re-enable the touchpad, follow the same steps as above but check the box next to “Enable touchpad” and click Apply. The touchpad will be enabled and ready to use.
There you have it! Disabling the touchpad on your HP laptop is a pretty easy process and can be done in just a few steps. Whether you’re using the Fn key or software, it’s quick and easy to disable the touchpad so that it doesn’t get in your way. Enjoy using your HP laptop without having to worry about the touchpad!
And this is how you can disable the touchpad on a hp laptop! If it’s not working for you then disable the touchpad hp pavilion laptop. All the above methods are Woking, and you can use them to disable HP laptop TouchPad.
These are only a guide to give you a visual idea of how it is done. It’s not necessary to follow our example image exactly, I used it just to help readers who may find images more helpful.
You can Read This one: How to turn on Bluetooth on HP laptop
I Am Robert Karsyn (Graduate in computer science). I found LaptopsRai to Share my Experience Online World Wide. I have a Greater 8 Year Working Experience in the Computer Field and Love to troubleshooting Computer issues. In This blog, I Share My Experience and Provides You Best laptop Buying Guide۔