This article is to guide you through Boot From USB HP Laptop. It’s a pretty simple process, and should only take about 10 minutes of your time. If you follow these instructions, you’ll be able to recover data or install an operating system onto your computer using a flash drive instead of CD/DVD discs. This will allow for greater flexibility in the future because we all know that CDs and DVDs can be easily scratched up and lost forever!
Have you tried to boot from a USB and your HP laptop won’t do it? This step-by-step guide will show you how to get your laptop running off of a USB. You’ll need an external hard drive, a Windows OS installation DVD, and the download link for Rufus software.
If you have an HP laptop and want to know how to boot from USB, you’re in luck. This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process. It’s easy to do and can be helpful if you need to troubleshoot something on your computer. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, follow these simple steps and you’ll be good to go.
Booting from a USB drive is a handy way to start up your computer, particularly if you need to access files on the drive. It’s also a good way to test out a new operating system without having to install it on your computer’s hard drive.
However, not all HP laptops can boot from a USB drive. If your laptop doesn’t have a built-in USB port, you’ll need to purchase an external USB drive enclosure.
And you can buy a USB with 8 GB of Storage. Because When we are go-to boot and copy the OS files into USB. Your USB Storage should be Enough that you can easily copy the OS.
You may like to Read: How to Connect laptop Hard to PC
2.Need ISO File:
Microsoft provides official Windows ISO files to download. You can use these ISO files to install a fresh copy or upgrade an existing installation of Windows.
To get started, head over to the Microsoft Software Download website and select your desired edition of Windows 10, 8.1, or 7. Next, click on the link under the “Download” column for your language and system type.
Download Official Microsoft Windows For Pc
The website will automatically detect your system type and provide the correct download link. If you’re not sure which version of Windows you have, check out our guide on how to determine your Windows version.
Once you’ve clicked on the correct download link, the website will prompt you to save the file. Select a location where you want to save the ISO and then click Save. The file will take a few minutes to download, depending on your internet connection speed.
You’ll also need to make sure you have enough free space available on your PC in order to complete the installation. Assuming you already have an existing version of Windows installed, you should be all set as long as your system drive has at least 16 GB of free space for a 32-bit installation or 20 GB for a 64-bit installation.
Microsoft recommends having 20 GB of hard drive space for either edition, so if your system drive doesn’t have enough free space yet, now is a good time to remove unnecessary files from your computer before proceeding with the upgrade process.
You can Read This Post too: How to Track Stolen Laptop
3.Steps to Boot USB:
There are a few ways that you can boot from a USB drive on Windows 10. You can use the Settings app, the Power User Menu, or the Command Prompt. In this guide, we’ll show you how to use the Command Prompt to boot your USB drive.
You Don’t Need any Software. Just insert the USB into the Windows laptop and follow the Steps.
To boot your USB drive using the Command Prompt, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + X to open the Power User Menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- Type diskpart and press Enter.
- Type list disk and press Enter.
- Type select disk number (where number is the number of your USB drive and press Enter.
- Type clean and press Enter.
- Type create partition primary and press Enter.
- Type format fs=NTFS quick and press Enter.
- Lastly, type active and then select the boot volume (here again number is your USB drive number), then close Diskpart by typing exit twice .
You May Like To Visit: how to connect the switch to a laptop
4.Copying The ISO Files to USB:
Once you set up the Boot on USB. The Next Step is to copy All ISO files into the USB. Make sure that you can open the ISO file and Then Select all files (crtl+a) and then copy all files. Now go to the USB Drive open the USB Drive and then paste it into the USB Drive. That’s it
5.How To Boot From USB HP Laptop:
Insert your flash drive and restart your laptop. While it’s rebooting you’ll see a message at the bottom of the screen saying something like “Press F10 key to modify Boot Menu Option”. This may not be there, depending on the make and model of your computer. If you don’t see anything like that, or can’t find any information about booting from USB at all, there are other ways to get this done. You can check out our article called how to boot from USB for more information on those methods.
Once you have pressed F10 (or another key if this method doesn’t work), go down to “Boot Options” or something similar that will allow you to choose which device to boot from.
From here, choose your USB flash drive. Just select the one you want and it will start up on that device. It’s really easy to do once you know-how, so don’t worry! 🙂
How To Boot From USB HP Laptop Quick Guide:
- Insert USB flash drive into laptop
- Restart laptop
- While restarting press F10 (or other keys as per model specifications)
- Go down to “Boot Options”
- Select USB Flash Drive
- Choose operating system that you want to install
- Wait for it
The process of booting from USB is not difficult, but it can be confusing. If you have just purchased a laptop that does not come with Windows installed on the hard drive and want to install an operating system other than what was pre-installed by your manufacturer, using a USB stick will allow you to do so without having any data loss or reformatting.
Bootable installation media are also helpful for businesses that may need to access different types of hardware configurations in order to complete their workload effectively. Using these tips should help make this task much easier! We hope that this article has given you the knowledge and confidence to use your USB bootable recovery media. Thanks!
FAQs: How to Boot From USB on HP laptop?
How Do I Get My HP Laptop To Boot From USB?
HP has not created a USB boot option on its computers. They have however made it possible to install windows via a flash drive while keeping the OS that you are running currently intact. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1) Shutdown your computer
- Step 2) Plug in the thumb drive with Windows 7 or 8 on it directly into an available usb port on your HP computer
- Step 3) With the HP plugged in, Press and hold the power button until you hear three beeps
(DO NOT LET GO OF THE BUTTON UNTIL YOU HEAR THE THREE BEEPS!)
- You will know when they are done because your computer will restart by itself. If this does not happen don’t worry! Just proceed to step 4.
- Step 4) You should see a screen with the HP logo and the words “Press ESC for setup utility” on it. Press the escape key to enter your computer’s bios settings. If this does not happen, don’t worry! Just proceed to step 5.
- Step 5) Once in the bios, press F10 then hit Enter to setup your computer’s boot priority to USB first (which will also allow you to pick which drive you want as first priority when you are installing). *You can skip this step if your laptop already has usb booting enabled* To enable usb booting follow Step 1 again but instead of pressing three times quickly on the power button, press it five or six times quickly until you hear the beeps.
- Step 6) Exit the bios and save your changes
- Step 7) Your computer will restart and you will now be able to install Windows from your thumb drive.
- Once installation is complete, you can remove the thumb drive and your computer will continue to boot from its internal hard drive.
If you have any questions or run into any problems, please don’t hesitate to comment below! I’ll do my best to help you out.
How Do I Force My Laptop To Boot From USB?
There are a few ways to do this, but they all involve accessing your laptop’s BIOS. You can usually access the BIOS by pressing one of the function keys (F1, F2, F10, etc.) as soon as you turn on your laptop.
Once you’re in the BIOS, look for an option called “Boot Order” or “Boot Priority.” This will list all of the devices that your laptop can boot from. To change the order, simply move the USB drive to the top of the list.
If you don’t see a “Boot Order” or “Boot Priority” option in your BIOS, try looking for an “Exit” or “Save Changes” option. This will allow you to save any changes you’ve made to the BIOS, which will force your laptop to start booting from USB.
I Am Robert Karsyn (Graduate in computer science). I found LaptopsRai to Share my Experience Online World Wide. I have a Greater 8 Year Working Experience in the Computer Field and Love to troubleshooting Computer issues. In This blog, I Share My Experience and Provides You Best laptop Buying Guide۔